BitchCraft - The Intersection of Witchcraft and Punished Feminity

Photo Credit: Bee Felten-Leidel via Unsplash



I can teach you bitchcraft
How to make your man cry
I can walk you through that
If you don't know how
I can teach you 'bout bitchcraft
Gotta love 'em with your bags packed
We can make 'em hurt
Just say the word
I can teach you bitchcraft

I've been playing Bitchcraft by Jax on repeat for a solid week.

The strange space between being feminine and magic is a thin line.

In Jax's song she talks about learning bitchcraft from her mother. She was taught as a child how to manipulate men, starting with her brother.

The accusations against magical women throughout history, have centered around the idea that they can 'hypnotize' or 'confuse' men. When in reality, many accused women solely manipulated a weak willed man. Or they were manipulated by a weak willed man.

It never made sense to me how some practitioners grouped feminine energy in with magic.

Maybe there's more truth to it than I realized.

Remember, you're the magic
You can disappear, and then he'll never have it
And I know it's hard to walk, it's hard to break a habit
But you're a savage
Put a spell on his heart, turn a man to a filler
Now I drink his tears in a jar
And I chase him with tequila
I wait up all the time he takes to reply
Take all his lies and use them to fly
Well, I know shit to make a potion from this bullshit


Comments

Popular Posts